Mexican Pasta Salad
The wife came home the other night and told me that she had a pot luck at work the next day. It was going to be a Mexican theme. After much discussion and her telling me no you can’t do that, we decided on this recipe for Mexican Pasta Salad. Well, actually she decided on the Mexican Pasta Salad. I have been married long enough now to know that I was making Mexican Pasta Salad. Being married is really easy, just do as your told, take the trash out and she is always right…always. Love you sweetie. Now on to the pasta salad…
I really think this is going to be my go to pasta salad for those warm summer months. This pasta salad has great flavor. You can easily adjust the heat to this pasta salad by increasing the number of chipotle peppers. One more pepper would have been great in this recipe, but the wife said no more.
- 16oz Rotini pasta
- 1 can of corn (we are going to roast it)
- 1 can black beans
- 2 tomatoes chopped with seeds removed
- 1 green onion sliced on a bias
- 1 handful chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- For the Sauce:
- 1 cup jarred salsa
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 chipotle in Adobo sauce chopped
- 1 teaspoon Adobo sauce
- Begin by heating up your salted water for the pasta.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce
- Drain the can of corn and place into a cast iron pan, Add a tablespoon of butter and S&P and place in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Once your salted water has begun to boil empty your pasta into the water and stir and cook for 8-12 minutes. Once pasta is al dente remove and drain pasta.
- Cool pasta under running water and allow to drain
- Add roasted corn, black beans, tomatoes, green onions and cilantro to sauce and fold into the sauce
- Add pasta and refrigerate for at least one hour
The pasta salad was a hit at the potluck. I did get a chance to taste the pasta salad I must say it was pretty darn good. If you can allow it to mellow in the refrigerator overnight I promise it will be even better. Thanks for stopping by Life44…Live, laugh, love & learn.