Bearded Badass Beef Rub. Can it get any better? Oh, yes it can. You can use our bearded badass beef rub and make the ultimate, I mean ultimate badass meatloaf. This meatloaf is stuffed with cheese and then bacon is layered on top (yes, I did say bacon) and finally BBQ sauce is added on top of the bacon. This is the what you have been looking for. Let’s all say goodbye to those boring meatloaves from our childhood that was 50% bread and say hello to bacon and cheese.
This meatloaf is pretty easy to make and will please the entire family. The key ingredient that you cannot skip out on is our Bearded Badass Beef Rub. I mean you could skip out on it but then it wouldn’t be a bearded badass meatloaf would it? It would just be a bacon and cheese stuffed meatloaf. See, it doesn’t even sound appetizing does it? Let’s get cooking.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 4 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 tbsp Bearded Badass Rub
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 12 slices bacon
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Heat a saute pan to medium and add olive oil
- Add died onion (1 medium onion) and saute for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes add your 4 cloves of minced garlic and continue to saute for 2 minutes, then remove the onion and garlic from heat and allow to cool for a bit.
- Add 3lbs of ground beef, 3tbsp of bearded badass beef rub, the cooked onion and garlic, 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 cup beef broth, 1 large egg, and 1 cup of bread crumbs. Mix all together.
- Place half the meatloaf mixture into a 10 inch spring form cake pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. You can also use whatever you have on hand, just make sure to apply plenty of oil or spray to keep from sticking. Form the meatloaf mixture around the pan.
- Add the 4 cups of shredded cheese an then top with the remaining meatloaf mixture.
- Place the 16 slices of bacon over the meatloaf ensuring to slightly overlap the bacon.
- Squirt BBQ sauce over the bacon and place in the 350 degree preheated oven.
- Allow to cook for about 1 hour. Check the temp of the meatloaf and ensure it has reached a temp of 160
- Allow to cool and enjoy