Instant Pot Buffalo Mac-n-cheese
Lately I have been working on recipes using the new Instant Pot that we picked up a few months ago. I have tried a few different things with the Instant Pot and I must say that this recipe for Buffalo Mac and cheese is amazing. The Instant Pot also makes it a breeze to make. Clean up is also so easy that the teens fought over who would do dishes that night.
You can easily customize this recipe to your tastes. Add more buffalo sauce or add less. I also used mozzarella, cheddar and pepper jack cheeses but you can use what you have laying around.
With pre-cooked chicken this Mac and cheese can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. Just what you need after a long day at work and then chauffeuring the kids all over town.
Instant Pot Buffalo Mac and Cheese
This is a great way to up the flavor of Mac and Cheese and really takes no time at all to make.
- 4 cups chicken broth or water
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 16 oz dry elbow or shell macaroni
- 1/2 cup milk you may need to use up to a cup of milk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- additional salt & pepper to taste
- Add 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce to shredded chicken and set aside.
- Add noodles, broth and 1 tsp salt to Instant Pot. Set manual timer for 5 minutes.
- Once completed release the pressure according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Add the cheeses, ground mustard, onion powder, garlic powder and 1/2 cup of milk. Stir to combine. Once cheese has melted add the buffalo chicken and fold to combine.