Today I stopped by my local grocery store to pick up dishwasher soap. As I was walking by the meat area I noticed some ground lamb which was on sale and then my bald head got to thinking. After 30 seconds in a dull haze, I realized that I have never ever made true shepherd’s pie using ground lamb. So as the late great Larry the Cable Guy once said “Get r done”.
Delicious meal and easy to make.
- 4 Medium Potatoes Peeled & Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Onion Diced
- 3 Carrots Peeled & Diced
- 3 Button Mushrooms Chopped
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 lb Ground Lamb Or Ground Beef
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine
- 4 Dashes Tabasco
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 tbs Butter
- 1 tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbs Bearded Badass Beef Rub
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar
- Salt & Pepper
- Bring water to a rolling boil, add potatoes, cook until fork tender. Drain potatoes. Whip or Mash together with butter, cream, salt & pepper.
- Heat 1 tbs of olive oil. Add onion and sauté for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Add ground lamb, garlic, and carrots. Sauté an additional 5-7 minutes. Add mushrooms, peas, Worcestershire sauce, Bearded Badass Beef Rub, and Tabasco. Continue cooking until lamb is thoroughly cooked. Remove from heat. It all comes together.
Combine and Bake
- You can either use individual ramekin dishes, a pie pan, or a casserole dish. Layer the dish with the lamb/vegetable mixture on the bottom, mashed potatoes next, and top with your choice of shredded cheese. Bake for 15 minutes at 350. After 15 minutes set to broil until cheese is toasted.