Delicious meal and easy to make.
- 4 Medium Potatoes Peeled & Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Onion Diced
- 3 Carrots Peeled & Diced
- 3 Button Mushrooms Chopped
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 lb Ground Lamb Or Ground Beef
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine
- 4 Dashes Tabasco
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 tbs Butter
- 1 tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbs Bearded Badass Beef Rub
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar
- Salt & Pepper
- Bring water to a rolling boil, add potatoes, cook until fork tender. Drain potatoes. Whip or Mash together with butter, cream, salt & pepper.
- Heat 1 tbs of olive oil. Add onion and sauté for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Add ground lamb, garlic, and carrots. Sauté an additional 5-7 minutes. Add mushrooms, peas, Worcestershire sauce, Bearded Badass Beef Rub, and Tabasco. Continue cooking until lamb is thoroughly cooked. Remove from heat. It all comes together.
Combine and Bake
- You can either use individual ramekin dishes, a pie pan, or a casserole dish. Layer the dish with the lamb/vegetable mixture on the bottom, mashed potatoes next, and top with your choice of shredded cheese. Bake for 15 minutes at 350. After 15 minutes set to broil until cheese is toasted.
As always, the point of this blog is…be you. I love sneaking vegetables into everything I cook…hence add the mushrooms sooner than I normally would. But Landon still asked about them. I lied and said they were onions.
Lamb has nowhere the fat as ground beef so if you have to add some beef broth and corn starch, go for it. Thanks for stopping by Life44 and let me know how your Shepherd’s Pie turns out.