Chipotle Cocoa Rub
Our Chipotle Cocoa Rub will turn you into the best grillmaster known to man. Ok, that maybe a little too much but it will really elevate your steaks to a whole new level.
With a little heat from the chipotles and a depthness from the cocoa these will be some of the best steaks you will ever have grilled. Family and friends will ask what did you do? You will just smile, nod and not say word. Oh, and don't worry I won't spill the beans.
Chipotle Cocoa Steak Tacos
- 1 lb steak NY Strip, Ribeye or what you have on hand
- 1 avocado diced
- Coleslaw mix
- 12 tortillas corn or flour
- Taco cheese blend shredded
- Life44 Chipotle Cocoa Rub
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pull steak out about 15 minutes prior to cooking and rub Life44 Chipotle Cocoa rub on all sides of steak
- Add 1tsp olive oil to a cast iron skillet and bring to a medium heat. Using this rub you want to cook your steak at a lower temp than normally or the rub will burn and not caramelize.
- Once heated add your steak and cook for about 10 minutes until the steak is medium rare
- Remove steak and wrap in foil and allow to rest. While steak is resting heat tortillas.
- Once steak has rested dice into bite size pieces
- Add coleslaw mix to bottom tortilla, add diced steak, pico, avocado and cheese in that order.